Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

I believe this a Phoenix Roo- :)
Any suggestions?

Would you think for sure #3 is a hen they are all suppose to be hens but the seller said she would switch for hens if any are roosters so I have been watching them for this last couple weeks trying to debate who to bring back and how long to wait to know for sure

Would you think for sure #3 is a hen they are all suppose to be hens but the seller said she would switch for hens if any are roosters so I have been watching them for this last couple weeks trying to debate who to bring back and how long to wait to know for sure
#3 is probably a pullet, but still a bit too young to be absolutely certain.

Quote: Since you got a different opinion, it would be worth it to post some more pics. A close up of the comb, and a side view in better light. But really, it it's crowing, with the red on the wings, it's probably a cockerel. The comb will tell.

It seems the cockerel is usually the favorite! I'm sure he will have an adjustment moving to a new place, but they are social animals, and will work his way into a new flock.
Unfortunately, unwanted cockerels are plentiful this time of year. You can place ads on BYC, or facebook or craigslist. My feed store will take back cockerels sold as sexed pullets, and resell them.

Back
Top Bottom