big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

these posts are great for newbies like me to learn from. I had not heard of a buff minorca before...i was thinking buff orp x seabright for the first bird, then the last is most definitely a SS hamburg because it is identical to my own SS hamburg pullets. The RIR i am wondering if they are actually production reds ( New hampshire red x RIR) just based on the colour of the red feathers. They seem to me to be intermediate between the two breeds. And from what I can see the big fella is a barred rock.

Next week when the two abandoned birds from the shelter/vet come home i will be doing a thread like this myself to figure out what they are!

Now what about this girl?
She's flighty, and runs faster than any of our chickens.
Hence the name: Road Runner
She is 20 weeks old.

l_3864bb08dbd9cef90c830b22284f7b5e.jpg

Last edited:
that bird looks almost like the 2 that i am rescuing next week from the vet/shelter where they were abandoned...i thought maybe they were welsummers but now maybe they are leghorns.

hahahha i cant even remember what those chickens ear lobes look like mate...i didnt even think to look. I just noticed that their neck feathers were slightly lighter than their bodies and that their legs were yellow.

Back
Top Bottom