Not sure what breed two of my hens are, please help me figure it out.

Howls_Flock

In the Brooder
Sep 19, 2021
Arkansas
I will start off by saying I know there is a lot of discussion on Easter eggs or ameraucanas. I originally ordered from my local feed store 3 Silver lace Wyandotte hens and 3 Aurcana hens and I didn't get the Aurcanas instead I think I got Ameraucanas but I know that they may also be Easter eggers instead of Ameraucana. I hope You all can help me figure out what my girls are so that if my family shows them for 4h I can properly show them. They are under a year old but I don't think there colors will change much from now. Plus they have the puffy cheeks, I won't be upset if they aren't Ameraucana's, I am more interested in just knowing what they are.

I have done different research and the possibilities I have come up with are Blue wheaten Americana, golden lace wyandottes and steele eggers. I'm really not sure but I hope you all can help me. Here are my 2 girls I'm not sure about.

This is Sophie
sophie.jpg

This is Ponyo
ponyo.jpg

I will start off by saying I know there is a lot of discussion on Easter eggs or ameraucanas. I originally ordered from my local feed store 3 Silver lace Wyandotte hens and 3 Aurcana hens and I didn't get the Aurcanas instead I think I got Ameraucanas but I know that they may also be Easter eggers instead of Ameraucana. I hope You all can help me figure out what my girls are so that if my family shows them for 4h I can properly show them. They are under a year old but I don't think there colors will change much from now. Plus they have the puffy cheeks, I won't be upset if they aren't Ameraucana's, I am more interested in just knowing what they are.

I have done different research and the possibilities I have come up with are Blue wheaten Americana, golden lace wyandottes and steele eggers. I'm really not sure but I hope you all can help me. Here are my 2 girls I'm not sure about.

This is Sophie
View attachment 2839793

This is Ponyo
View attachment 2839790
Pretty girls!

Back
Top Bottom