Not sure what is going on.

Stanlyb

Songster
Mar 24, 2020
This is Georgia Magnolia. Her area around her eye is swollen. I'm not sure what to think. My entire flock has been treated for respiratory issues because she was coughing. I treated with tylosin for a 7 days, that was the directed amount of time. She's not coughing anymore. I thought maybe just scratching it a little hard, she's close to top of pecking order so i don't think someone is picking on her. I just noticed it yesterday. Any guesses?
20210121_194944.jpg
20210121_195749.jpg
20210121_195952.jpg
20210121_195637.jpg

I can't tell you for sure what's going on with the lovely Georgia Magnolia, but I can tell you what I would try. I've had a few cases of swollen facial tissue in my flock and I've used antibiotic eye drops and that has cleared it up.

It may be a secondary sinus infection and an eye antibiotic such as terramycin may work. I've had cataract surgeries and have had antibiotic eye drops on hand and used that. You can find terramycin eye ointment at most feed stores.

I can't tell you for sure what's going on with the lovely Georgia Magnolia, but I can tell you what I would try. I've had a few cases of swollen facial tissue in my flock and I've used antibiotic eye drops and that has cleared it up.

It may be a secondary sinus infection and an eye antibiotic such as terramycin may work. I've had cataract surgeries and have had antibiotic eye drops on hand and used that. You can find terramycin eye ointment at most feed stores.

Thank you I've got some on hand. I'll start treatment asap

Back
Top Bottom