Not sure what they are

Kenshan1

Songster
9 Years
Aug 13, 2010
Bonney Lake, WA
So my uncle that owns the feed store told us what they should be but of coarse I lost the receipt he wrote them on. They aren't looking like I thought they would for the breeds he told me. So I thought I had the breeds figured out by the pictures on here. Then I picked up 4 different ones from another farm. The Wyandotte & Cuckoo Marans aren't looking like what I thought I had. Maybe you all can id these better then me.
The first 3 I thought were the Silver Lace Wyandotte. 4th & 5th I thought was Cuckoo Marans, in the 5th picture the bird in the front is what I talking about has like white lines on it. It also is getting more red to the little crown it has, starting to red woddles too. The other 2 birds crowns & woddles are more yellow. #6th picture bird in front I just got was told it was a Gold Lace Wyandotte. I am totally confused
smile.png

Shannon

65421_imag0480.jpg

65421_imag0532.jpg

65421_imag0538.jpg

4 .
65421_imag0490.jpg

65421_imag0510.jpg

65421_imag0504.jpg

I'm pretty new to chickens but birds 1-3 look like your Cuckoo Marans and birds 4 & 5 are your Silver Laced Wyandottes. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me!
big_smile.png

1-3 are your Cuckoo Marans, Can't really see 4, 5 looks like your Silver Laced Wyandotte and 6 is the Gold Laced Wyandotte.

On pictures 1-3 I'm still confused. Looking through all the pictures on this website. The only thing that looks really close is the Plymouth Rock Barred, could they be that instead of the Cuckoo Marans? Specially #3 to me looks more like Plymouth Rock Barred.

Shannon

Quote:
They are a pink with black marks on the legs. Their beaks are yellow with black mark a cross it. The bigger they get the more Barred look they get to the feathers (if that's the way you say it).

Shannon

Back
Top Bottom