Not sure what this is?????

dgrr29

In the Brooder
Mar 18, 2018
Missouri (SE side)
So I'm new to raising chicks as an adult (did it a lot as a child but things are different now). I picked up this black crested polish today and just noticed this on his right side close to where his wing begins. It's only a couple days old so it's a small chick. Think I'll lose him? It seems fine for the most part but this is concerning. The chicks came from an extremely unsanitary place, If I had the means I would have bought everything he had just to keep him from selling anymore. His set up was pathetic. Any ideas as to what this might be?
Chick.JPG
Chick II.JPG Chick.JPG

Seems like these bumps are becoming very common lately.You are 3rd person to post topic about chick with similar issue in past week.I hope this isnt some new epidemic starting.

Sorry I can't help more. If it were one of my chicks I would put some of my colloidal silver on it and have garlic and AC Vinegar in the water. I hope someone else will chime in that has had some experience with this. Keep us posted on its progress.

This is a post with similar issue. Please help. My sweet chick is four weeks old and has some sort of neck tumor!

Can you post a photo of him standing by himself.

I'm going to say that is his crop - he's a good eater:)
Chicks have such thin downy at that age, the skin of a full crop shows through. If he is eating/drinking, active, pooping, then I think he should be fine.

You can watch to see if the crop gets smaller throughout the day/night - it's hard to gauge crop function in chicks, especially if you are using a lamp for brooding.

Well the little thing didn't make it. I noticed on Wednesday morning the spot was bigger but it was like an air sac under his skin. I know that it was some sort of air sack because I it sounded like you were rubbing your hand over a balloon. When I got home yesterday evening he wasn't moving much so I figured his time was limited and sure enough about 4 hours later he was gone. I just hope the others that were in with him didn't get anything from it...

Back
Top Bottom