not sure where to post but ducks are attacking rooster all day

prov31gal

Songster
10 Years
Apr 29, 2009
over the mountain
we have a silver laced cochin roo who ha s always gotten along with all the other birds including our brahma roo and our ancona duck pair. the last few days the ducks have specifically targeted him, they chase himm, bite him, corner him and attack him, they somtimes will not allow him out of the chicken house and they are ripping mouthfuls of feathers out of him. its awful! hes just staying in the house on the highest perch so they wont get him. im afraid hell starve, they wont let him eat. ive never in all my years seen anything like it. they share an enclosure, and ive known ducks and chickens getting along very well for years. they dont bother any other chooks , i dont know whats going on.

I have had a Muscovy drake attack a rooster before, the rooster fought back but the drake was a lot bigger and started hurting the rooster badly. The drake tasted pretty good after that!

uuuuggghhggghhh.......thats what im afraid of. its just relentless abuse by the ducks ..... my poor rooster. do you think there is anything i can do? or is it just a case of nasty ducks.

If you want you might be able to try putting the rooster in a large cage by himself so the ducks cant get him but they can interact with each other.

Back
Top Bottom