Not that we would do this but as a last resort....

Quote:

1. Ask the authorities since things differ from state to state and town to town.

2. Have a dog next door and they've been warned. That's all I will say.

Have you heard of the three S's , shoot, shovel and shut up? Not that I have a gun nor could I bring myself to do so. We each have our own threshold. I have my yard fenced in and stockade on the dog side so he can't see them and they can't see him. So far so good.

"Good fences, make good neighbors" - no sure who said it. I think it was Franklin..

Quote:
Pretenses can land a party before a judge and it won't always be the one that is the object of the pretense.

pretense is the wrong word since she already said that she has checked to see if they have food and water.
It is not illegal to call AC and tell them you suspect animal abuse...that is how most calls are placed anyway. If a dog does not have adequate shelter from the elements that is straight up neglect. If a dog does not have access to water and food daily that is neglect...Those aren't pretenses but thanks for mincing my words...I will be more careful next time and use the correct terminology.

OP, seriously if you are actually having to make sure these poor dogs have water then they probably aren't getting fed as often as they should and I would call AC because of that and the lack of shelter. Laws definitely vary by state but those are 2 issues that don't...All states require that as the bare minimum of care.

Personally the first time a dog...mine or anyone elses... "terrorized" my children (nevermind my chickens) it would never make it out of my yard. Don't get your self in trouble but thats when the gloves come off IMO

Quote:
12 gauge 00 buckshot painted whatever color you prefer. any dog that will do that is a threat to your children's life and safety and should be dealt with as such. i love my dogs and would never harm an animal that is not a legitimate threat but i would go ahead and pre-dig a hole and take care of these nuisance animals.

Quote:
That is ridiculous!! Those little ankle biters (sorry, I HATE chihuahuas...rats with longer legs and worse attitudes, IMO) came onto YOUR property acting aggressively to YOUR nephew and animal control and the police and the moron chihuahua owners wanted to label YOUR dogs as dangerous? Sheesh. Glad you got them straightened out, but in my humble opinion, there shouldn't have been a question as to fault! It lies with the moron owners of the chihuahuas!!

Amynbrent, you clearly need to know what the laws are in your area. You are getting a lot of opinions and what-I-would-do's, but this is not the information you need before you choose a course of action.

Back
Top Bottom