not to rant but

lacyloo

Cooped Up
12 Years
May 26, 2007
north florida
Omg, gas prices are so high my friends mom has parked their diesel truck for good until the " 4.01 $ " price goes down, gesh, If everyone would just try to boycott gas prises by not buying gas or just staying at home for a day , and letting the gas people realise to drop it, sheesh this poor planet will not be here much longer with global warming, and from all the oil being used up ..Maby,just maby, this world would return to a more natural place like in the old days.

Just had to rant,

somad.gif
tongue.gif
smack.gif
rant.gif
:thun
duc.gif
:duc
hu.gif

hang on for the ride...working for an airline the company tracks oil prices everyday, for every $1.00 increase in oil our fuel costs go up $44 MILLION a yr. Well last time I looked oil was up to $105 a barrel, everytime that goes up you can watch the price at the pump go up too..making it worse, people are investing in oil stocks, increasing value and driving up the price :eek:

edit, I just rechecked and it's now (Crude Price* $110.33 Barrel)

Last edited:
Well.. honesty, boycotting gas probably wont do much. In addition to oil prices being sky high, the US dollar is worth less and less on the world market so our dollar can't get as much as it used to. Look at it this way, people in Europe and Canada are paying almost 8 or 9 for the same gallon we are getting...

Quote:
exactly...the fed just prints more and more money,making it even more worthless. To compound the problem, ethanol is driving up corn prices so now it costs more for farmers to feed their animals, raising meat prices and costing us more at the grocery store...it just snowballs till the economy bottoms out.

and people think I'm nuts for trying to be self sufficient and supporting Ron Paul ..he knows economics and has been trying to tell people where we're headed if we dont make some major changes.

Last edited:
* That's why I like methane, SC-- We'd have to plant coast-to- coast for ethanol. We could make oil from carbon-- but, it takes MORE energy to heat & pressurize the carbon. . . .Methane-- well, anybody with a compost pile has made it-- They just aren't capturing it to use.

Last edited:
Where did yah get the $8-9 in canada from? It takes 3.8 liters to make a US gallon. At $1.16/liter which is the highest we have seen her that is $4.40/gallon.

LOL. Yeah, I didn't mean Canada! My cousins from Canada are here so I typed Canada!
lol.png

I'd go back and edit but then this conversation wouldn't make any sense.

They are saying that exchange rates are working out very well in their favor though so tomorrow it is off to the outlet mall for them. I should stop posting when I am tired.

Edit: They are from Richmond BC! Near your stomping grounds :p

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom