1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

not to rant but

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by lacyloo, Mar 13, 2008.

1. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    Omg, gas prices are so high my friends mom has parked their diesel truck for good until the " 4.01 $ " price goes down, gesh, If everyone would just try to boycott gas prises by not buying gas or just staying at home for a day , and letting the gas people realise to drop it, sheesh this poor planet will not be here much longer with global warming, and from all the oil being used up ..Maby,just maby, this world would return to a more natural place like in the old days.

Just had to rant,

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] :thun [​IMG]:duc [​IMG]

2. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    I agree. They have us between a rock and a hardplace. Can't afford to drive to work, can't afford to stay home.

3. quadcam79

quadcam79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2007
    Fernandina Beach Fl.
    hang on for the ride...working for an airline the company tracks oil prices everyday, for every $1.00 increase in oil our fuel costs go up $44 MILLION a yr. Well last time I looked oil was up to $105 a barrel, everytime that goes up you can watch the price at the pump go up too..making it worse, people are investing in oil stocks, increasing value and driving up the price :eek:

edit, I just rechecked and it's now (Crude Price* $110.33 Barrel)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Well.. honesty, boycotting gas probably wont do much. In addition to oil prices being sky high, the US dollar is worth less and less on the world market so our dollar can't get as much as it used to. Look at it this way, people in Europe and Canada are paying almost 8 or 9 for the same gallon we are getting...

5. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Oh, I think it's time to rant and more!! Told DH we need to find a place to have more chickens -- and a smallish methane digestor for fuel. . . .

6. quadcam79

quadcam79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2007
    Fernandina Beach Fl.
    Quote:exactly...the fed just prints more and more money,making it even more worthless. To compound the problem, ethanol is driving up corn prices so now it costs more for farmers to feed their animals, raising meat prices and costing us more at the grocery store...it just snowballs till the economy bottoms out.

and people think I'm nuts for trying to be self sufficient and supporting Ron Paul ..he knows economics and has been trying to tell people where we're headed if we dont make some major changes.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  7. silkiechicken

I support biofuels... BUT NOT FROM OUR FOOD!!! [​IMG]

LOL... technically fossil fuel is renewable... just takes a loooonng time! Just carbon right?

8. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* That's why I like methane, SC-- We'd have to plant coast-to- coast for ethanol. We could make oil from carbon-- but, it takes MORE energy to heat & pressurize the carbon. . . .Methane-- well, anybody with a compost pile has made it-- They just aren't capturing it to use.

9. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    Where did yah get the $8-9 in canada from? It takes 3.8 liters to make a US gallon. At $1.16/liter which is the highest we have seen her that is $4.40/gallon.

10. silkiechicken

LOL. Yeah, I didn't mean Canada! My cousins from Canada are here so I typed Canada! [​IMG]

I'd go back and edit but then this conversation wouldn't make any sense.

They are saying that exchange rates are working out very well in their favor though so tomorrow it is off to the outlet mall for them. I should stop posting when I am tired.

Edit: They are from Richmond BC! Near your stomping grounds :p

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by