Not Trying To Start A Political Debate Or Any Of That Junk

Quote:
not true ,you can be born on a us base in another country. My Brother's first born was born in Germany Army Base.

True, but that is because a US base in another country is considered US soil. Also, if you are serving in the Army, then you are a US citizen, so you're children would be US citizens even if they were born in a German hospital.

True so it should say a "US born citizen" not on US soil

Quote:
True, but that is because a US base in another country is considered US soil. Also, if you are serving in the Army, then you are a US citizen, so you're children would be US citizens even if they were born in a German hospital.

what? there are 2 ways to become a US citizen. Have a US citizen for a parent (can be born anywhere in the world) or be born on US soil. So if the German mail carrier was delivering mail and gave birth at the US Army base, that child would be a US citizen.

Quote:

what? there are 2 ways to become a US citizen. Have a US citizen for a parent (can be born anywhere in the world) or be born on US soil. So if the German mail carrier was delivering mail and gave birth at the US Army base, that child would be a US citizen.

OK guess reword that.....must be " Born a US citizen" I didn't say they had to be born in the US

Quote:
Many would disagree with both of these statements... Just sayin'.

The second statement was obviously opinion, you don't think they the opposing party investigated the first?

Citizenship comes in two forms, in terms of the presidency, only one matters. You must be born a US citizen...one parent a citizen or born on US soil.

Naturalized citizens are not eligible for presidency, but their children are.

From the Constitution:

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

What this means is that someone like Kissinger or Schwartzenegger is ineligible to be president. The idea was to keep foreign nobles from becoming president, but also has to do with knowing the country body and soul.

Last edited:
mom'sfolly :

Citizenship comes in two forms, in terms of the presidency, only one matters. You must be born a US citizen...one parent a citizen or born on US soil

Naturalized citizens are not eligible for presidency, but their children are.

From the Constitution:

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

What this means is that someone like Kissinger or Schwartzenegger is ineligible to be president. The idea was to keep foreign nobles from becoming president, but also has to do with knowing the country body and soul.

Show me where it say this........no where.."natural born citizen" can be born outside the US​

The Constitution doesn't define "natural born citizen". The courts have been deciding these cases. It has never actually come up, although some people think that one president, Cleveland, I think; was born outside the US. The first case challenging this would be when a naturalized citizen or a citizen born to American parents on foreign soil is elected president.

It hasn't happened so far.

mom'sfolly :

The Constitution doesn't define "natural born citizen". The courts have been deciding these cases. It has never actually come up, although some people think that one president, Cleveland, I think; was born outside the US. The first case challenging this would be when a naturalized citizen or a citizen born to American parents on foreign soil is elected president.

It hasn't happened so far.

Wrong because my brothers first born on a US base is a "natural born citizen" do your home work you will find this so.​

Back
Top Bottom