Not Trying To Start A Political Debate Or Any Of That Junk

mom'sfolly :

Again, from the Constitution:

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

The Constitution took care of all the first presidents with the "time of the Adoption" part.

Obama: born in Hawaii to an American mother: US citizen from two parts of the law
McCain: born in Panama to American parents: US citizen by birth due to parents
Chester Arthur (I thought it was Cleveland, but I was wrong): Possibly ineligible due to Canadian parents and the possible birth in Canada, not Vermont.

I would also wonder if a person would qualify for president if the hold dual citizenship. My guess is no. I think they would have to relinquish the second citizenship, unless in was a Native tribal citizenship. I know quite a few people with dual citizenships, and it would be an interesting case.

this was passed to clear up about what a "natural born citizen" is more of this in my post # 34

Currently, Title 8 of the U.S. Code fills in the gaps left by the Constitution. Section 1401 defines the following as people who are "citizens of the United States at birth:"

Not sure is they gave them up ..........

President Arthur and President Obama both were British Subjects by birth. President Obama had Dual.....no one is Sure about President Arthur. if born in Vermont he had both......he may have been born in Canada if so he was the only President that wasn't a US citizen..

lOOK UP BARRY GOLDWATER....​

Last edited:
Without doing any research, I know I've read news stories that Obama's right to be President, because of citizenship, was challenged and investigated. Obviously he was cleared as he's still there. I'd be surprised to see this objection get far for 2012. And I'd be very surprised to see a Republican candidate bring it up again.

Quote:
I agree, even though it was answered ill there is still go info on here! Good job guys!
clap.gif

Quote:
First this thread is about if President Obama is a Citizen....That is a given for more than one reason.(myself I didn't vote for him)

It just surpise me how many people think you have to be born on US soil to be a natural citizen. NOT SO

I have alway had a thing about US Presidents......guys i worked with would come to be if they had questions about Presidents.

Ohio had 7 Presidents born here 2nd next to VA which had 8.

2 Presidents where impeached....A. Johnson and B. Clinton.

Last edited:
There was a story about the birth certificates' authenticity something to do with the font in the typing that was used was not yet invented when the original copy was produced. Not sure where that one went.
Quote:

Quote:
First this thread is about if President Obama is a Citizen....That is a given for more than one reason.(myself I didn't vote for him)

It just surpise me how many people think you have to be born on US soil to be a natural citizen. NOT SO

I have alway had a thing about US Presidents......guys i worked with would come to be if they had questions about Presidents.

Bill Clinton was not impeached. He underwent the impeachment process, but wasn't impeached.
caf.gif

Well sort of... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_of_Bill_Clinton He WAS impeached and then aquitted of the impeachment by the senate.
Quote:

Bill Clinton was not impeached. He underwent the impeachment process, but wasn't impeached.
caf.gif

Last edited:
Quote:

caf.gif

yes both were........but neither was removed impeached is the process. just didn't get enough voted to remove them.

So it goes down in the History Books

Only Two Presidents have been impeach. the above two.

Check any records you will find this is true..........

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom