The Angry Hen

Crossing the Road
6 Years
Dec 17, 2016
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
Hello Backyard Chicken Members,
I have a quick question 'bout Salmon Faverolles...

I LOVE their little cute beards, and I want the beards to always stay the same. The little feathers and fluff.

I have the bowl setup that they drink from, their beards are missing, it's dry, no feathers no fluff!

I want to set up the higher-up bucket with the nipples

(I have that.)

But even when I do that, how can I revive the beards? How do they grow back? Help!

Thanks!

-The Angry Hen

My youngest salmon faverolle hen is missing her beard too, the other hens plucked it out. It will grow back during the fall molt. Yours probably won't grow back until the fall molt either unless they are younger than a year by fall, than they may grow back at any time.

My youngest salmon faverolle hen is missing her beard too, the other hens plucked it out. It will grow back during the fall molt. Yours probably won't grow back until the fall molt either unless they are younger than a year by fall, than they may grow back at any time.

Okay,

Thank you! They probably will grow back soon,
the one's beard is coming back a little!

-The Angry Hen

I think people who have muddier yards make it harder to keeps birds with beards, and I have a muddy yard after a rain.. I know the white Ee beard has to be cut or ripped out and regrow, she always has dirt clumps
This is either after molt or before, think I ripped her beard out and here she is as it grows back, regardless, she is is probably older then your favorolles..
This hen looks even worse as of today, not sure when this was taken
berierjr 004.JPG
This is what she looks like when her molt is over, a ton better looking.
MY NIGGGAAAA 055.JPG
bb 123.JPG
bb 137.JPG

Attachments

• MY NIGGGAAAA 055.JPG
    MY NIGGGAAAA 055.JPG
    298.7 KB · Views: 1
  • bb 137.JPG
    bb 137.JPG
    551.7 KB · Views: 1
  • berierjr 004.JPG
    berierjr 004.JPG
    299.8 KB · Views: 1
  • geesegeese 037.JPG
    geesegeese 037.JPG
    290.4 KB · Views: 1
Okay, thank you for replying!
She is beautiful!

My SF hens are worse though!
When they go outside it isn't too muddy.

I think it is from them drinking,
it took place during the winter.

-The Angry Hen

P.S
Here is a pic of my hen, Agnes, tell me if you can see the 'missing beard.'

DSCN0017.JPG

Yes, try show bird feed, or you can even try molting feed, special made for things your dealing with.
I know they are at my feed stores, orchelenns.

Your hen looks exactly like mine. I wonder if yours got it's beard pulled out by the other birds too. Not sure why they do it, but my salmon faverolle are extremely submissive.

Back
Top Bottom