Not walking/moving

Mandarin28

In the Brooder
Jun 21, 2021
I have 3 ayami cemani chicks that are now a little over 24 hours old. They were shipped to me and I incubated them. One is doing great and its up running around, eating, and drinking. The other two aren't doing as well. The one sometimes flips himself over on his back but when I put its beak in the water it drinks. Same with the other one. They don't really get up and walk either. The one has his wings spread out and they just kind of scootch themselves around the pen. I have given them nutridrench.. both directly in their mouth and mixed in their water and have been making them drink about every hour or so. What could be wrong? And is there anything else I should be doing?

Are their legs okay? Can you get pictures of them? Their legs and their posture in the brooder. Try to get pictures of their legs while you, or a helper, hold the chick on its back. This way it’s legs will lay flat against its stomach.

Do you have access to Vit-E and Selenium?
Sounds to me like it could be the early signs of Wry Neck, especially the one that sort of flips over on its back.

Last edited:
Are their legs okay? Can you get pictures of them? Their legs and their posture in the brooder. Try to get pictures of their legs while you, or a helper, hold the chick on its back. This way it’s legs will lay flat against its

Do you have access to Vit-E and Selenium?
Sounds to me like it could be the early signs of Wry Neck, especially the one that sort of flips over on its back.
After doing some research I think he has curled feet so we made a splint for him. As for the other guy he's more lively now just a little on the weaker side and wobbly.

Attachments

• 20210805_163525.jpg
    20210805_163525.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 4
  • received_838096146910949.jpeg
    received_838096146910949.jpeg
    33 KB · Views: 4
It wouldn't hurt to give them some vitamins via Nutri-Drench, Poly-Vi-Sol, or even some B-Complex tablet crushed and mixed with food. Feeds may not be giving them all they need right out of the egg. It can't hurt them, and will only help them...

It wouldn't hurt to give them some vitamins via Nutri-Drench, Poly-Vi-Sol, or even some B-Complex tablet crushed and mixed with food. Feeds may not be giving them all they need right out of the egg. It can't hurt them, and will only help them...
I have been giving them nutridrench and letting them drink it out of a syringe so I know they are getting some for sure and they have some in a dish in the brooder. I will look into the b-complex next!

Back
Top Bottom