Not what I expected... but you know when....

Arklady

Songster
13 Years
Jan 30, 2007
Kansas
Things have changed... in your heart...

My kids all 4 of them (one is my sons fiancee) got a job at the same place. Now they just got back from a job in illinois, and they did ok... money was tight but they did good finishing on time. My daughter got promoted first time on the job as team leader to head of the next job. Well I should be proud and I am but...

I feel something has changed and my heart is missing the old station. I believe that my kids all flew the coop at the same time! I can hardly keep myself together to type this.

Has anyone else gone through this??

how did you handle it?

Love in tears,

Arklady

PS I know they will be back its just its an end of one thing and a beginning of another... but still...

Congratulations! It sounds like you did a great job, Mom!!!
hugs.gif

I feel for you, but I am on the other side of the fence,.....wanting them to fly but do it successfullly! Hang in there, they'll all be back in duplicate with grandids before ya know it!!

There are photo frames for sale that record a short message. You could record your kids saying something nice to you, then play it back when you are lonely.

I do try to stay busy and I am all done crying for today lol... But I do miss them so much and I hope they are finally able to be a success...

My daughter has such high plans. Her being made boss of this next place is something she has wanted for a long time but she was scared and still is. I know its going to be hard but I know she can do it.

My son quit a job to go with her and do it and he was only making 215 bring home a week and this is supposed to net 1000 a week...

Plus my other son and his fiancee are doing it and we are talking 3 more weeks... so wow...

collectively they could bring home 16k

Still I know they are wanting to be more than they are.

Thanks all...
Talking about it does help!!!

Arklady

Ark lady, i know where you are coming from. Mine all left for college last week. The first two went to a local college for a couple of years and this year all three decided to go to ohio state about 5 hours away from mom and dad. You really got to keep yourself busy, i think part of it is you miss them eventhough you are very proud of them right now. Didn't you buy some colts recently? Are they home yet?

Last edited:
Not yet... sometime next month we need the money they are earning to put in a stock of hay and a shelter for them. But soon!!!

Arklady

I understand, fortunatley my babies are never going to grown up! (4 and 2)

Be happy the are entering this together, imagine how less intimidating it must be for them to be by each other side during this bing change for them!

I understand how you feel. Both my daughters moved out in 6 mos. time! I was lost. We were always close and having fun together, they were basically my life. But I finally got over it. It took me 2 yrs. to get my oldest daughters stuff out of her room, most of it junk but
I guess I wanted a part of her still here and felt like she would no longer think of this as home. But they are both doing well, I'm doing much better. You may have to work more or get a job for awhile, get more chickens, something to take your mind off them some. Hang in there it does get better!

Kelly
--------------
4 RIR's

Back
Top Bottom