Nothing Would Make Me Happier! :)

8wishbonechicks

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 24, 2009
"Do ti do ti do"...I'm egg sitting... Our foam incubator is @ 10 inches by 20inches and we didn't have a thermastat to put in. When we tested it out, to our surprise, it kept a steady temperature between 99.5 to 101. We put the incubator in our bathroom, where there is no drafts. Since I'm a disabled stay at home mom with ALS, Lou Gehrig's disease, I have been keeping an eye on the temperature and humidity. So far so good. I hope our chicks will be healthy and active. I want this happy experience to remind my kids, how precious life can be. What better way to do that by hatching baby chicks and add them to our existing flock. I told my kids that sometimes chicks die b/c of development problems, so now they are prepared for anything. Life may be short but you can have fun along the way. This will be our 1st hatch. "Grow chickies grow!"

thumbsup.gif
GOOD LUCK!!!
celebrate.gif

I am setting my first eggs too. I hope that out of the 14 we at least get a few to hatch. What a great thing to teach your kids!! Hope you are well.

Thank you, Enders Farms and RedfogsFlock. I hope you have a successful hatch too, RedfogsFlock. We candled the eggs tonight on day 6, we have 11 embryos!!! Our kids and I are thrilled.
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom