November 2016 Hatch-a-long!!

Pics
Thanks Faraday40! I whisked the two hatchlings out once they were dry as I had no others pipped and put them in the brooder. They're happy babies now but yes, I do hope they have a few more siblings to play with too; it's so exciting I can't leave the incubator for 5 minutes!
I know the feeling. It's time to sleep, but every few hours, "someone happens to walk by the incubator." On hatch days, the kids are allowed to wake each other up if a chick is hatching in the middle of the night. In other words, we ALL wake up to witness it.

LL

Yaay for early birds! And those quail are adorable!

I have two pips tonight. Tomorrow is going to busy, I hope! With hatching! I am going to have dinner at my Sister's son...so Nephew..just lives across the highway from us..not far. So, she understands that I am hatching, her favorite breed..silkies..and also some NN's, her least favorite breed..lol.. Man, I set my NN eggs in the morning hr..and the silkie eggs in the evening hr. Figured the silkies would hatch first. Just a bit worried. I've hatched eggs from this seller before. Last time, I had one out by the end of day 20. No pips in these yet...only 5 eggs though, and oh boy, was the shipping tough. Broken eggs, egg yolk all over most of the other eggs..I'm lucky to have 5 in lock down. A lot different start of course, and there were blood rings .. of course. I do actually have one in there looking good that I washed the yolk off of..I had done that with 5, a couple made it, one has quite a large air cell. We will see what we will see.
Well here's wishing everyone here a Happy Happy Thanksgiving!

Looking forward to photos! I know a few are expecting chicks on Thanksgiving day. Quite a few. :)

Greeting-E-Card-Thanksgiving-Day-Photo-2015.jpg

Last edited:
No matter how long you've done this, you will always be nervous when you get down close to hatching. I will be on day 21 tomorrow. Only a couple of pips. I usually see more. Hopefully they will just start popping/..lol.. pipping all over the place in there.

Oh, and here is a photo of how I lock down. I use the kitchen liner too.. really does help with the footing for the chicks, and...an easier clean up. Old photo, not of this hatch going on.

No matter how long you've done this, you will always be nervous when you get down close to hatching. I will be on day 21 tomorrow. Only a couple of pips. I usually see more. Hopefully they will just start popping/..lol.. pipping all over the place in there.

Oh, and here is a photo of how I lock down. I use the kitchen liner too.. really does help with the footing for the chicks, and...an easier clean up. Old photo, not of this hatch going on.

Today is day 21 for me too! My little guys starting popping out last night. I had no idea they would be so noisy! We had 2 last night before midnight and then this morning there were 6 and another 2 in the last couple of hours. I am so relieved. A few days ago I got it in my head that I had turned them all into hard boiled eggs, so it is a big relief to be wrong:) In the photos are probably a few BSS Marans and a couple of Buff Orpingtons. The Buffs were from our own hens after our rooster got killed so we are very happy to have them. The rest came from eBay and I am delighted that they are hatching. Wasn't too sure about ordering off of eBay, so that is great.

We have 39 eggs in there and I hope to get half to hatch. About 3/4 came from eBay.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and lots of pretty new chicks! Can wait to see everyone's photos!

Today is day 21 for me too! My little guys starting popping out last night. I had no idea they would be so noisy! We had 2 last night before midnight and then this morning there were 6 and another 2 in the last couple of hours. I am so relieved. A few days ago I got it in my head that I had turned them all into hard boiled eggs, so it is a big relief to be wrong:) In the photos are probably a few BSS Marans and a couple of Buff Orpingtons. The Buffs were from our own hens after our rooster got killed so we are very happy to have them. The rest came from eBay and I am delighted that they are hatching. Wasn't too sure about ordering off of eBay, so that is great. We have 39 eggs in there and I hope to get half to hatch. About 3/4 came from eBay. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and lots of pretty new chicks! Can wait to see everyone's photos!
Very exciting Patty!!! Mine are due today too I have 2 pips so hopefully out of the few that made into lockdown locking decent I will have at least s couple hatch lav AM and choc Orp pipped yeah.... Fingers crossed for the other 4 that looked good at lockdown we will be gone for the day so I'm a nervous wreck!! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and cheers to new babies!!! And btw on eBay eggs the Wyandottes I received last week 11/16 are going strong so maybe it's just some bad apples that ruin the bunch the private breeder birds I set w/ them only 4/10 are going and 3 are blue Marans I can't see in....

Back
Top Bottom