November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

Hey everyone,

My OE eggs are on day 20 today. One was rocking and chirping yesterday and woke up to 2 pips today. Bad thing is the humidity was 35% not sure how long. at 11pm it was fine. Back up to 65% at 6:30am. What are my chances?

Last edited:
Just checked my eggs. 4 pips and 6 were rocking hard. YEAH! I might see babies today. I actually slept pretty well last night but I am eager to see these little ones.

I was just looking at the flock out in the yard. They are growing by leaps and bounds. I only have a few that were laying when I got them, but the little ones I got that are 3 months old are just now starting to do so as well. This is so very cool watching life in all it's wonder! I keep wondering, why did I wait so long to get chickens?! I realize I was afraid of them and the unknown. I'm so glad I did this now... so very glad. Now I have to put myself in a time out as far as bringing more in (after this hatch), unless I get rid of some of the flock.

Thanks everyone. This morning Sara was going from possible nest to possible nest. She's crossing here legs until she has the perfect spot to lay her eggs and she really needs to do it soon. She's walking faster and faster between nests.

hi guys. i have a two day old chick that was scalped by her mom... when should i start hand feeding/watering and how often? this is my first baby chick. she has pooped one time.

Hey everyone,

My OE eggs are on day 20 today. One was rocking and chirping yesterday and woke up to 2 pips today. Bad thing is the humidity was 35% not sure how long. at 11pm it was fine. Back up to 65% at 6:30am. What are my chances?
don't worry too much...my little chick that was born at 430 this morning was suppose to hatch Sat.... last night when I went to move it to the higher humidity it was yelling at me...had been at 34% un

hi guys. i have a two day old chick that was scalped by her mom... when should i start hand feeding/watering and how often? this is my first baby chick. she has pooped one time.
oh my.....poor little one....I guess don't let that girl have babies again!!!

just give it a dish of chick food and a baby waterer....I dip their little beaks in the water so they know what and where it is...I might do it a few times a day until I see it drink on it's own!
I also use shiny marbles in the food and water but you don't have to they usually pick it up easily!

enjoy you baby...post picks

can i join here too...i have 4 eggs under a silkie hen due to hatch this sunday/monday....i have 3 eggs under another silkie due to hatch this tuesday/wednesday...i also have 2 eggs under a light sussex X silkie due to hatch this thursday/friday....the eggs under those girls are from my light sussex X silkie hen with a Lavender Araucana Rooster and my Light sussex X silkie X Araucana with an Lavender Araucana Rooster......i then have a Light sussex X Silkie X Araucana hen sitting on 6 Australorp eggs she is due in 2 weeks on sunday...all so very very new and very very exciting..never done this before, so keeping my fingers crossed i am doing it right
of course and welcome!
welcome-byc.gif
D.gif

Just checked my eggs. 4 pips and 6 were rocking hard. YEAH! I might see babies today. I actually slept pretty well last night but I am eager to see these little ones.

I was just looking at the flock out in the yard. They are growing by leaps and bounds. I only have a few that were laying when I got them, but the little ones I got that are 3 months old are just now starting to do so as well. This is so very cool watching life in all it's wonder! I keep wondering, why did I wait so long to get chickens?! I realize I was afraid of them and the unknown. I'm so glad I did this now... so very glad. Now I have to put myself in a time out as far as bringing more in (after this hatch), unless I get rid of some of the flock.
it nevers get old!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom