November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

Guess I am in for November...............
Serama hen went broody..................
lol.png

YEAH! Good luck! :)

Things look better......I had worked for a couple hours gently rubbing her neck in a downward motion.
Got oil down.some came out but not all.
She is breathing better.
I don't know about this one....She is the only one that has had pasty butt......clean her once or twice a day.
Also find her off by herself often..not growing as well as the others............
I think tomorrow I am going to try feeding her alone. Maybe some yogart.........or?????????
Hate this when they are so tiny...............
Thanks for your response........

They have posted recently on yogurt, organic only as the regular can be hard to digest

So I candled my eggs tonight, and I have some nice embryos growing! I have one that quit early on, and my duck eggs look completely clear, but what my real problem is, is that I have a Silver Duckwing egg that is doing great, but the air cell is at the bottom of the egg for some reason, while the embryo is at the very top. Anyone deal with this before? Will it be ok?

My BCM's started hatching today day 20. I've heard there's about 12 out so far. I had to go out of town for a week and am dying to see them. My Dad and 12 yr old daughter are taking care of them. Only another 58 to go.

So I candled my eggs tonight, and I have some nice embryos growing! I have one that quit early on, and my duck eggs look completely clear, but what my real problem is, is that I have a Silver Duckwing egg that is doing great, but the air cell is at the bottom of the egg for some reason, while the embryo is at the very top. Anyone deal with this before? Will it be ok?
From my experience you either have the egg upside down (can sometimes be hard to tell) or you have a tiny crack in the pointy end. I had the latter and the chick still quit even after I attempted to seal the crack with birthday candle wax after finding it. Good luck to you either way :fl

Yeah I double checked to make sure it wasn't upside down, but I do have a large calcium deposit at the bottom of the egg (the pointy end) and I think that may have been the problem. My husband didn't candle them before he set them for me (trying to be helpful) so I didn't get to candle them first. Since they came from a friend and weren't shipped, I figured they were fine. The embryo is doing great and getting big, but I'm prepared for it not to make it. I'm shocked it's even developing.

Back
Top Bottom