November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

WELP.. I have myself pretty much convinced that I should buy another incubator and set these eggs today. anyone want to tell me different???
lau.gif
I'd wait for Friday. It's only tomorrow! ("Wait for it...")

Set a total of 41 today: 10 Isbars, 11 Rhodebars, 6 BCM X BlueMarans, 4 BCM, 1 BluCM X BlueCM, 1 BluCM X BCM, 3 Wel X, 3 RIR X, 2 MF d'Ucc X GoldBuff=41 total. I don't know if those last two are fertile...but I saw RooDy (MF d'Uccle) *trying* to cover the golden buffs. He went to live at my friend's house today to keep her little black Silkie company. The rest of her flock is HUGE and he just lost his little d'Uccle pullet on Monday. Better he is there than trying to compete with the huge Marans cockerels.

We will see what Day 5 candling looks like. Only the Rhodebar eggs will be easy to see I think.

I'm getting a little annoyed with Leon and Renee. None of Renee's eggs have been fertile in the past two weeks. I mean, the other babies from my d'Uccle and Silkies are adorable, but some more standard size, or at least larger than bantam size chicks would be nice...

I suppose Leon is having a bit of trouble getting the job done with Renee. Perhaps Renee is PMSing...

So far out of my 14 eggs I have 9 adorable silkies and 1 more pipped! Since Thanksgiving is over and I just couldn't resist the pic:

Merry Chickmas Everyone!

So sad news everyone, only one of my 9 blue slate eggs hatched, so I've now got a very lonely but well cuddled poult. Looking for a friend or two to keep him company in the brooder!

So sad news everyone, only one of my 9 blue slate eggs hatched, so I've now got a very lonely but well cuddled poult. Looking for a friend or two to keep him company in the brooder!
I kept Max on a heating pad or in my shirt. He loved it and did very well. I took him everywhere and no one knew he was there (still do, but now he waits in the car when I go to the grocery store.) I have really enjoyed being Max's mom. He is the best pet. He has had his picture taken at least a hundred times by strangers. Do you have any pictures of your new turkey?

On my shoulder, in the car.

Here's the babies that hatched this month...

2 chicks for to placed in bator. I went for another 2 and got this chick.

the 2 on top were almost 3 weeks older than this little chick and they still welcomed her.

They all hatched in a bator like this little bator I made. I hatched out 45 chicks just this year in a bator I made like this.

Oh yes! We discovered this morning he loves ipads and George Thorogood. He's totally fascinated by the sounds and movement of phone games too. It's soooooo funny. Will upload some photos and a movie shortly Deanna.
He also seems to like keyboards - he's running around on my desk exploring right now. Something tells me he will become a pocket turkey until he can't fit anymore. What did you do about the poop?
The madness in my house is unbelievable right now. We bred our dachshunds (both show dogs) and Layla gave birth to a huge little boy pup exactly 3 weeks ago today. So Chili is starting to walk and explore now and we've got to chase after him...Little Stormy hatched on Tuesday, and I am expecting a batch of quail hatching eggs to arrive TODAY....and my poor husband is hung over from overindulgence last night....
roll.png

Plus all our hens are molting and are probably freezing their non-fluffy little butts off outside, but we DID buy them a bigger and more luxurious coop online this morning! Yay Black Friday sales!!!

Back
Top Bottom