November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

That's just weird. All the babies legs and toes looked just fine, so I didn't bother looking at them closely. For some reason I decided to count the Silkie mix's toes. Two have five toes on the left foot and four on the right; the third has four toes on each...

silkies have weird toes

these guys are 1/4 silky, the brown one has the right number of toes, but the outer ones aiming forward ended up being really little like the extra of a silky.

I'd wait for Friday. It's only tomorrow! ("Wait for it...")

Set a total of 41 today: 10 Isbars, 11 Rhodebars, 6 BCM X BlueMarans, 4 BCM, 1 BluCM X BlueCM, 1 BluCM X BCM, 3 Wel X, 3 RIR X, 2 MF d'Ucc X GoldBuff=41 total. I don't know if those last two are fertile...but I saw RooDy (MF d'Uccle) *trying* to cover the golden buffs. He went to live at my friend's house today to keep her little black Silkie company. The rest of her flock is HUGE and he just lost his little d'Uccle pullet on Monday. Better he is there than trying to compete with the huge Marans cockerels.

We will see what Day 5 candling looks like. Only the Rhodebar eggs will be easy to see I think.
What is it with me? Does everyone do this? I slipped four more eggs in the incubator today. They will be "just" a day later.
hu.gif

Oh yes! We discovered this morning he loves ipads and George Thorogood. He's totally fascinated by the sounds and movement of phone games too. It's soooooo funny. Will upload some photos and a movie shortly Deanna.
He also seems to like keyboards - he's running around on my desk exploring right now. Something tells me he will become a pocket turkey until he can't fit anymore. What did you do about the poop?
The madness in my house is unbelievable right now. We bred our dachshunds (both show dogs) and Layla gave birth to a huge little boy pup exactly 3 weeks ago today. So Chili is starting to walk and explore now and we've got to chase after him...Little Stormy hatched on Tuesday, and I am expecting a batch of quail hatching eggs to arrive TODAY....and my poor husband is hung over from overindulgence last night....
roll.png

Plus all our hens are molting and are probably freezing their non-fluffy little butts off outside, but we DID buy them a bigger and more luxurious coop online this morning! Yay Black Friday sales!!!
Who is selling cheaper coops on black friday?

Back
Top Bottom