November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

Two new little black babies this morning (one very early in the morning; between 2 - 4 am). One working on hatching right now, not sure on color, since "Not-So-Jasper" my other Silkie, lays lighter color eggs like Evelyn. Jasper needs a new name, since I finally caught her laying an egg yesterday. I always thought I had an extra banty egg some days, but I was never quite sure...

I'll get pics after the other one hatches.

its my first time and some of my friends trouble me....
some of them they say that the 18 day you dont turn them, and some others say you turn them, i think that i need t turn them, but i amnot sure.... what do you think?

I personally keep turning mine 3 times a day until I see they are trying to pip internally. I then set them upright in the egg cartons and raise the humidity to only 50-55%. After they hatch I let the humidity drop back to about 30-40%. But I do continuous hatching.

ohhh its my first try and i m afraid a little :p
don't turn them anymore and get your humidity up to 65 or so...try not to open the bator anymore...you will probably see them wiggling a rocking while the chicks are moving into hatch position....um well...those of us that stand with our noses to the bator watching notice the movement lol....

pop.gif

yes tommorow my brothers son its going t come home(40 days old)

all day i will be, ohhh hello little rascal.... ahhh i am going for a minute t the back room :p hahahhahaha

So I found the greatest thing EVER. Now I know why things I read said go with the LAMP dimmer switch! You just plug your light into it and plug it into the wall and you have a dimmer. MUCH easier than wiring one! And it was only like $12 at the hardware store. Not too bad. Also picked up another thermometer. Came home to temps still falling, so changed over to 60 watt with the dimmer. Luckily my humidity was climbing when I got home and was past 20% which is an improvement! Eggs didn't arrive today. Hopefully tomorrow. I will be here waiting on the mail man!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom