November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

hello, i have a problem ....

i try first time t hatch chicken(t hatch anything)

well i put inside 26 egg;s and after 2,5 days more eggs( i dint find the egg'a i want the first days)

now is the first 2hours of day 21, i have 5 chicks in the incubator and waiting .....tommorow start the 18th day so i have 2,5 days t take the old ones and lockdown the incubator again, but the old one that come out tommorow they need t stay 1 day inside of the incubator..... i really dont want t open the incubator for the humidity .......

i really need any help!!!!!!!!!! :)
anyone t know or think about something, i dont know what t do :/

fl.gif
barnie.gif
bow.gif
idunno.gif

Mine are hatching. These are the first batch I have set of my own eggs.
One was just pipping when we went to bed last night, then the electrics tripped and they were left without power for I think about 6 hours..... I thought I would have lost them all but luckily it seems they are quite hardy! Then tried to get the brooder up to temperature ready for them and the bulb went! Not having much luck really. But out of 10 set, 9 made it to lockdown, and 4 have hatched, the rest are pipped! I think my young cockerels are doing their job!

hello, i have a problem ....

i try first time t hatch chicken(t hatch anything)

well i put inside 26 egg;s and after 2,5 days more eggs( i dint find the egg'a i want the first days)

now is the first 2hours of day 21, i have 5 chicks in the incubator and waiting .....tommorow start the 18th day so i have 2,5 days t take the old ones and lockdown the incubator again, but the old one that come out tommorow they need t stay 1 day inside of the incubator..... i really dont want t open the incubator for the humidity .......

i really need any help!!!!!!!!!! :)
anyone t know or think about something, i dont know what t do :/

fl.gif
barnie.gif
bow.gif
idunno.gif
when your chicks are dry move them to your brooder!
congrats on the chicks ! we love pictures when you can!!

Mine are hatching. These are the first batch I have set of my own eggs.
One was just pipping when we went to bed last night, then the electrics tripped and they were left without power for I think about 6 hours..... I thought I would have lost them all but luckily it seems they are quite hardy! Then tried to get the brooder up to temperature ready for them and the bulb went! Not having much luck really. But out of 10 set, 9 made it to lockdown, and 4 have hatched, the rest are pipped! I think my young cockerels are doing their job!
sounds like!! congrats!

[COLOR=333333]hello, i have a problem ....[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]i try first time t hatch chicken(t hatch anything)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]well i put inside 26 egg;s and after 2,5 days more eggs( i dint find the egg'a i want the first days)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]now is the first 2hours of day 21, i have 5 chicks in the incubator and waiting .....tommorow start the 18th day so i have 2,5 days t take the old ones  and lockdown the incubator again,  but the old one that come out tommorow they need t stay 1 day inside of the incubator.....  i really dont want t open the incubator for the humidity .......[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333] i really need any help!!!!!!!!!! :)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]anyone t know or think about something, i dont know what t do :/[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]:fl   :barnie  :bow  :idunno [/COLOR]

I would wait until the first ones have all hatched, have brooder ready and warm, then open up incubator and take out chicks as fast as you can. Add more water (warm not cold) and lockdown. If you do it fast and add water at same time the humidity should stay up.

I have 10 days until lock down with my duck eggs! This is my first time hatching so it seems like it's taking forever! Does it always seem to take this long or does it get easier? =(
when it's a specific breed....especially ...that your really looking forward too...it seems to take a long time...

what breed of ducks...I have 4 calls from July hatch! love them!!!

Back
Top Bottom