November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

Awesome! What breed are they? I'm wanting some good brown egg layers. I just purchased our first coop but it's empty lol
My Quail are all Coturnix. They are the typical Wild and Golden color combination. Some of these chicks that were just born are Tibetan, and there may be some Tuxedos as well. The "newbies" from up north are colored a little different and the eggs vary from white with brown speckling to mint with speckles, but I also had a straight tan egg this morning out of one of the new hens.

Chicken-wise, I have 6 laying hens right now: two RIR, two Barred Rocks, and two White Leghorns. I have seven chicks that are about 6 weeks old hanging out in a run adjacent to the hens. I have one Lavender Orpington, one Light Sussex, on RIR/New Hampshire cross, two Easter Eggers, and one that is all black that I have no idea what is, but I think it has some Shamo or something in it. Not sure on sexes of this group yet, but if I get a nice Rooster, I will probably turn him in with the hens and have some interesting crosses come from the eggs in late spring, early summer.

Two internal pips this morning. Three other eggs that should be getting close.

And the two from yesterday are all dried off and getting around well with the older chicks.

I would definitely be interested in both quail and chicken eggs. PM me when you have some available. I will probably wait until after new years to hatch anything else since I am going out of town that weekend.

They thought about it, but got distracted by the green light...
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom