November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

my chickens aren't anywhere near show quality....many are mixed....I never have trouble selling them
I think it's a little like when your young kids are in sports...there are those that enjoy the game and the children playing and those that are anal and need what they perceive as perfect...

came home to find 2 of my guineas killed by my dogs...the guineas flew into the dogs yard
hit.gif
going out to clip wings....1 of them was my lavender rooster "prince"

One of Renee's eggs didn't develop correctly, so it was tossed.

Only have three eggs left in the incubator! But I'm cheating by letting my Silkies hatch some eggs...

The baby that was upside down in the egg hatched last night. It seems okay so far, but we'll see how it does.

And another baby hatched today.

my chickens aren't anywhere near show quality....many are mixed....I never have trouble selling them
I think it's a little like when your young kids are in sports...there are those that enjoy the game and the children playing and those that are anal and need what they perceive as perfect...

came home to find 2 of my guineas killed by my dogs...the guineas flew into the dogs yard
hit.gif

omg.. I am so sorry for Prince :(
hugs.gif

there are a lot of people who do not care at all about show quality... usually it's people who just want eggs, they don't care to spend so much time thinking about all the intricacies. They probably could not even notice what to look for, you know? Heck, that's how I started out and now look at me... :)

I have to say it's been a rough day....just got back into town last night....had to attend my father in laws funeral....then I have drama with one of my children and then my birds....and all the while trying to make sure my granddaughter is enjoying her visit! ugh!

it always seems to happen all at once doesn't it... we have family drama too.. it hurts because I just want everyone to remember they love each other. At the end of the day, that is the only thing that matters, and your son/daughter will remember that soon enough I promise
hugs.gif

Drumroll!!!!
I did a 100% hatch after pulling the infertile eggs!! My first ever hatch mid November was a failure (my thermometer went out when I raised the humidity during lockdown, so I cooked the babies). I hatched one egg last week. Today, my 27 eggs hatched!

hit.gif
Oh no, I am so sorry. I am always so worried. After I had a hawk eat 2 of my chicks I put up netting over the backyard. So far, so good.

One of Renee's eggs didn't develop correctly, so it was tossed.

Only have three eggs left in the incubator! But I'm cheating by letting my Silkies hatch some eggs...

The baby that was upside down in the egg hatched last night. It seems okay so far, but we'll see how it does.

And another baby hatched today.
Soooo cute.

Back
Top Bottom