November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

It takes a really long time to wrap presents when Max is helping. He helps a little, then eats the wrapping paper. Wraps a little and then another bite. Wrap, bite, wrap, bite.
barnie.gif

My friends hatch is going so well. 1 chick stuck to the shell half way thru zipping.
sad.png
But 9 hatched and the last 2 are working on it. I am so happy my chicks are hatching so well and healthy. The colors are so different than the parents were as chicks. There is one that is such a pretty silver color.
jumpy.gif

It takes a really long time to wrap presents when Max is helping. He helps a little, then eats the wrapping paper. Wraps a little and then another bite. Wrap, bite, wrap, bite.
barnie.gif

My friends hatch is going so well. 1 chick stuck to the shell half way thru zipping.
sad.png
But 9 hatched and the last 2 are working on it. I am so happy my chicks are hatching so well and healthy. The colors are so different than the parents were as chicks. There is one that is such a pretty silver color.
jumpy.gif
it's so exciting!!
my first grandchick is due 1/4/2014...frizzle
big_smile.png

and now another girl has started laying

the guineas flew into the dogs enclosure....I knew they needed their wings clipped, I let myself get lax about doing it....I feel responsible their lives are in my hands and I failed them
he.gif

I ended up with 1 Ameraucana and 1 Wyandotte baby. The others look to have died between day 16-19 I think... bleh. Can only do better next time I guess.
So thankful I at least have 2 so they have each other :)
Merry Christmas everyone!
0.jpg

I ended up with 1 Ameraucana and 1 Wyandotte baby. The others look to have died between day 16-19 I think... bleh. Can only do better next time I guess.
So thankful I at least have 2 so they have each other :)
0.jpg
my hatch rate this last month hasn't been the greatest either...I honestly believe usps just got too busy to notice what they were tossing around. I have Marans due next week, doesn't look great but my frizzles eggs look wonderful!!!!!
big_smile.png

1530340_10152148921417164_488984224_n.jpg
Merry Christmas Max and Deanna

Merry Christmas from the Christmas Turkey.

it's so exciting!!
my first grandchick is due 1/4/2014...frizzle
big_smile.png

and now another girl has started laying

the guineas flew into the dogs enclosure....I knew they needed their wings clipped, I let myself get lax about doing it....I feel responsible their lives are in my hands and I failed them
he.gif
I had a healthy Greenfire chick die yesterday. I made a large pen in the middle of my livingroom, 2 heat lamps even though they don't need them any more, plenty of room to move away from the heat and one still died in a chick pile. Sometimes everything is still not enough. Sorry about your guineas.

Final count on my grandbabies- one resealed while pipping, otherwise healthy
sad.png
, the other 11, fluffy happy babies. All eggs develpoed, the resealed chick id the only egg that didn't make it. I have super chickens. After all of my attemps to hatch shipped and local eggs, never getting more than 50% (counting all eggs), store incubators, homemade incbators, 3 gauges in each, my friend got almost 100% with my Easter eggers with her first try.
1505198_1430945877122861_1966084821_n.jpg
1478915_1430930893791026_1914972972_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom