NOVEMBER EGG SWAP~SIGN UPS CLOSED ~ Emails Sent Out

Okay I have 3 Jennies letting the Jake breed them and it's going to be in the 80's but so far it's one egg every three days as only one is laying so far.....I'm putting 7 in the incubator today opened one and it was good so it's a maybe for sure I have my Partridge Rocks and would Indian Rivers count as pure? That's a Delaware over a New Hampshire the chicks look like Dels I don't think a 4 1/2 month old Roo would be able to do anything but that would be for December anyways....

Common kiddies....early winter fuzzies...what could be more fun than that? If you start building the pen in the garage or barn now, it will be ready...I promise....
lol.png

I only have 1 breed fertile right now and I only want a certain breed. Since we can't specifically ask for a certain breed then i'm out this month. If I could process more quail and empty more pens I may be able to join next month but i'm overloaded as it is right now. And.......I have an incubator full with more I won in an auciton that have yet to get here. Suppose to take 3 days and it will be 5 as of tomorrow. The post office didn't even scan the box when the seller brought it to them. So I have no idea where they may be much less if they even got sent. I'm sure they did. Thank goodness it's cold but I hope I don't get frozen eggs

I think the only thing laying here are buttons, so looks like I'll set this one out. Besides, I've got 13 'pens' in the spare bedroom right now and 1 in the bathroom, don't think I've got any more places to stick birds! I've got ducks hatching in a few days....your guess is as good as mine as to where they're gonna go!
idunno.gif

My eggs came that I won in the auction and they where packed so well. It was fantastic. He went through alot of trouble. Double boxed and in cartons and cushioned. I just hope they survived the shipping. I have some Jersey Giants coming and I just have to stop. Once I get these quail processed it won't be so much and I have somebody wanting to start raising them so i'll have a quad put back for him. The rest are going to freezer camp and the eggs will be eaten instead of hatched. I'll save that for warmer months and i'll also limit myself on that. This is just too much on me. I did take the older Bob Whites and some Tennessee Reds to the auction. That was only 17 birds though. I have 10 more Bob Whites still in the house. I picked up a partrige silkie roo today to go with my girl so when she starts to lay i'll have those to incubate and my project birds i'll incubate too. I only get one EE egg every few days now so they go in the carton that will be getting incubated. My PR has the most beautiful babies but I don't want to incubate all her eggs but I do put one or two in the carton too from time to time. ONe just hatched today and it is a chocolate brown. They hardly ever look alike. But they are all so pretty. It doesn't matter what roo she is with either.

Back
Top Bottom