Novice from down under needs help identifying two ducks

Babesfarm

Hatching
Jan 14, 2016
hi and thank you for this brilliant forum.
I recently had a buff silky and her baby Isa brown move in with me (they brought a girl with them)
So I decided to fulfil a whimsy of mine and get two ducks.
They are awesome full of personality but I'm not sure of the breeds and even dubious about the sex (neither has laid yet and one has grabbed the silky by the back of the neck.
Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Hello and
welcome-byc.gif

We are glad you joined us!

Try posting this in the other poultry duck section. You should be able to get more help over there.
smile.png

Please protect your silkie from the duck. Sounds like he is a male (drake). Ducks have different anatomy than chickens. He could damage or kill your silkie, trying to breed her.

Please protect your silkie from the duck. Sounds like he is a male (drake).  Ducks have different anatomy than chickens.  He could damage or kill your silkie, trying to breed her.

I read that before I posted, brutal!
Have no fear they sleep seperatly and I way h them constantly when they r out freeranging. Hasn't done it again though and the tail feathers are pointing straight out, which I believe means female? Might just be a pecking order thing, either way I'll supervise and separate until I'm certain

Back
Top Bottom