[ NOW A MEMORIAL ]

The lump could be a tumor, infectious material, etc. If vet care is an option then some imaging might answer that. When they get fluid it's usually from a heart or liver that is over taxed. It's called ascites, and it's a secondary symptom of something else going on, like cancer or organ failure or infection. I have used the Lily of the Desert Aloe detox on my birds and for some of them it did give some relief and fluid retention goes down for a while. The underling condition will still be there, so it will likely recur. Whether it helps or not depends on what is actually going on and how advanced it is. Usually when a bird gets to the point of ascites most treatments will at most buy them some time if they are effective at all. It's entirely up to you how much time and effort you want to put into your bird. When my birds show these symptoms I leave them with the flock as long as they are eating and drinking and acting fairly normal, albeit a bit slower. Once they go off food and water, isolate themselves, or get attacked by flock mates, I euthanize. I've lost birds to cancers and infections like salpingitis, fatty liver disease, etc. The symptoms can look very similar and often you don't know for sure until a necropsy is done. I'm sorry, none of that is probably what you want to hear. :hugs
Me and my mom are prepared to euthanize if needed. But we are considering a vet since we have one not to far away. I want to thank you so much :) ❤️

1620427042691.png

Back
Top Bottom