now I'm having fun

mamabigbird

Songster
9 Years
Feb 11, 2010
Vancouver Island, B.C.,
Okay. So the babies are 10 days old now. They had some chickweed and clover the other day and last evening I took them out some chopped cooked egg which they ignored, but it was all gone this morning. I put a piece of a branch in for a roost yesterday and when I went in this morning 3 of them were sleeping on the roost. AWWW just like big girls. Well today I dug up 2 fat worms from the compost and my sister and I just howled watching them. It took maybe 2 seconds and the game was on. Like a miniture game of soccer. I think they'll be very tired out after that and ready for a big nap. They are really getting to be fun.

The little ones are SO much fun.
Thanks for the smile.
big_smile.png

I put some egg in there and they didn't really care for it either, along with the two little wrigglers I put in there. However, I just bought some grapes and chopped two of them up and they went NUTS! I was sitting in the other room and I heard them peeping like crazy, I went in there to see what was going on and they were playing chase with the pieces of grape. They finally all understood that there was a dish of it sitting in there and they began to feast. I love my little girls.

My chicks LOVE worms. First we put an Ant in with them and they were afraid of it! It was so funny, they would run around trting to stay away from it. Then one of my Silkies ate it and loved it. Now all the other ones love them too. But they like worms even better! They "fight" over the night crawlers! It's so funny. Sometimes they spin in circles trying to keep it away from the others.

Back
Top Bottom