Now I'm just desperate :(

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by Czech's_chicks, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Czech's_chicks

Czech's_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2011
    Vista, CA
    I really, really, REALLY need birds processed and the guy w the USDA lic IS NOT CALLING ME BACK and I'm getting desperate! Does ANYONE home process that can help me out? I can't wait any longer and this guy is a putz who claims to help 4h kids but he won't call back to process my son's birds. We've already sold them and now have to refund if it's not done at a certified place. What a creep!

In the meantime, we still have about 20 of our own birds that need processing as well, and I'm willing to pay what he would have been paid - as long as I can see setup and watch. Please pm me - I'm in Vista and will drive to Riverside and Orange County if I have to.

2. TaraBellaBirds

TaraBellaBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2013
    SW Kansas
    Is processing them your self not an option? It really isn't that difficult, at least not probably what you think. Materials aren't hard too come by or too expensive. Personally all we used is a nice sharp knife, a cone, and a large table, plus a couple bowls to put giblets in. I can also offer a couple of links that have detailed instructions, other than that I'm afraid I can't help much!

3. Czech's_chicks

Jul 24, 2011
    Vista, CA
    I don't have the time to do it. I used to do up to emu but just don't have the time...and with the turkey, they need to look nice and be plucked. I'm a hacker and a skinner.

4. TaraBellaBirds

TaraBellaBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2013
    SW Kansas
    LOL I see. I hope you can find someone.

5. MamaDoodle

MamaDoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2013
    Tennessee
    My Coop
    I wouldn't encourage anyone you know to use his services, nor pay him if he calls back at this point. Which I'm sure you already don't plan to. Perhaps call around and ask, even feed stores may know someone. Good luck! :)

6. Czech's_chicks

Jul 24, 2011
    Vista, CA
    This person is who the 4h and fair people say to go to.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by