Now I'm UNDERfeeding them???

Michele S

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 19, 2010
First, I was overfeeding them and had two drop dead. Now I think I'm underfeeding them because they are 5 weeks tomorrow and only weigh 3.5 pounds. The insert that came with their feed said they should weigh 4.84 pounds. Could that be right? Sorry this picture is so bad, but my six year old took it. Do this one look scrawny? I am never going to get this right. Gah!

1002.jpg

It looks fine to me. Just be sure to feed them in the morning, then do your best to keep the feeders full for roughly 12 hours. Beyond that, don't worry too much about it.

First they look fine to me, second that scale could be off by alot I have the same oneand on a fluke I asked my buddy to weigh his chickens with it cause mine felt heavier then the scale was reading and sure enough it was off by a half pound so I bought a digtal scale and now I'm right on the money give a few oz's here and there.

So good luck to you and don't worry it will all work out in the end.

I agree they look good. As long as they are getting all they can eat 12 hours on and 12 hours off (just water) from day 4 to 4 weeks; there after all they can eat 24/7 they'll do just fine.

Check your scales using several 1# cans of vegetables (or what ever), put one can on at a time checking each time you add another can.

Back
Top Bottom