Now I've really slipped over the edge!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by I have WHAT in my yard?, Aug 22, 2008.

1. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    [​IMG] My chicks and my bigger chickens free range sort of. I wanted to let them meet on their own terms where the little guys had plenty of space and hidey holes to get away. Good thing. The roo fluffs and struts, the babies flutter and scram and every one is happy.

But, my EE hen chases them and runs them down. So....

I scattered feed around my feet and let the babies come feed. Shortly after they started the EE noticed they were eating and scurried over. She started to scare them away and I Bawked at her! She looked SO startled![​IMG] [​IMG]

Will that help, or will it make her hate them more? They don't coop together yet, but I am hoping they will in another two months.
    [​IMG]

2. ChooksinIowa

ChooksinIowa Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2008
    Van Meter, Iowa
    I don't know the answer to your question, but I sure do wish you had taken a video of that. It sounds like it would be hilarious to watch! I hope that it will work and teach her a lesson and those little ones will have a more peaceful time. Maybe she is just jealous of your "babies"!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by