I tried posting this under coop construction. This may be the better place. Please help keep peace in the house. We want to build a bigger and better coop. Right now I only have 1 production red laying. The other 9 are molting or haven't started yet. We plan to put the coop in the same place as the current coop which means moving the 1st coop while the new one is being built. This means 2 disruptions in the poor girls' routines. Would it be better to do it now before the weather get too cold and icky or wait until the weather starts to change in March/April? I am thinking we should just buckle down and do it now so that Alice is the only one affected with regard to laying. They are all going to be affected as to the move then a new home. Last year, the australorps began laying in March. Anybody's 2 cents would be welcome. My DH is inclined to wait until spring; I am more inclined to start next week. Thank you!