Now that I made a hole in my egg what next?!

I'll keep checking in with you.
Not sure where you are so don't know if we have a time difference. It's 7pm here. (hint - add your general location by going to your pic. - top right corner - go to account details - scroll down to find add location - most people give a general idea)
You didn't say if the egg is in an incubator. If you go to the duck thread, someone else just went through this.
I would expect to see some progress by tomorrow morning. Don't help yet. Don't pull the last part of the shell off if it has gone that far. Once out, leave it alone.
It’s 4 over here so I will contact in the morning and see how it’s doing!

Uhhhmmm.... ducks take 28 days to hatch
Different kinds of ducks = different days to hatch. ie. Pekin 28 days - Muscovy 35 days. What kind of duck is it?
About 10 hours before I'm back. Leave it alone.
Helping eggs never ends well as they usually are to weak to survive and with help usually still die hours later

Agreed. Harsh as it may sound.

How are things this morning?
I was wondering what research you did prior to starting this adventure? Ducks are not meant to live alone. Do you have everything you need should it successfully hatch - brooder box, heat lamp, duckling food, water source, and since it is alone, a mirror and stuffy toy. Do you know how to teach it to eat and drink?
I am still hoping for the best for you, but sometimes the worst happens.

How are things this morning?
I was wondering what research you did prior to starting this adventure? Ducks are not meant to live alone. Do you have everything you need should it successfully hatch - brooder box, heat lamp, duckling food, water source, and since it is alone, a mirror and stuffy toy. Do you know how to teach it to eat and drink?
I am still hoping for the best for you, but sometimes the worst happens.
I have done research and I have 5 ducks. I have incubated several times! I have everything that I need for the little one including a mirror and stuffed animal!

I have done research and I have 5 ducks. I have incubated several times! I have everything that I need for the little one including a mirror andy
I have done research and I have 5 ducks. I have incubated several times! I have everything that I need for the little one including a mirror and stuffed animal!
Not the best news. I just candled the egg and still didn’t see any movement. :(

Back
Top Bottom