Now that they are a bit older

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sinistershelly, Aug 27, 2011.

1. sinistershelly

sinistershelly Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2011
    These guys/gals are about to hit their 3 month mark next month and so now Im wondering a few things. I have 3 maybe 4 roo's and just want to double check. If these guys are all roo's, when should I separate them? And could I divvy them up like, 1 roo and 2 hens in one run type of thing? What age will the roo's start mounting the girls? And one last question, what age should I clip their wings? Just in case I have to let a roo free range my back yard until I get a 3rd run made. Here are a couple pictures. They are wearing colored leg bands to help out. The first one Im thinking is a girl with just with a strong roo face and the other 3 I'm pretty sure will be roo's But you tell me. Im no expert.

Blue
    [​IMG]

Brown
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Green
    [​IMG]

Red A.K.A. War Paint
    You can also see brown and blue in the background a bit to compare next to the others.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    All I see is one girl the rest are boys. I had brothers that hatched in July of last year. They did great together until this spring.

3. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    I see a pullet in the 4th picture (the one on the right).

4. DirtCreature

DirtCreature Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    Olympia, Washington
    orange and white look like girls the others are roos... the coloring so dark on the orange is weird though. hmmm

5. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    Quote:x2

The rest are boys.

6. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    Quote:x2

The rest are boys.