Now this is what a funeral should be:

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Oblio13, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Oblio13

Oblio13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    New Hampshire
    A friend of ours died recently. We just got the invitation to the "Celebration of his Life": A big party with a New Orleans jazz band, culminating with a fireworks display where they shoot his ashes into the sky in a big bottle-rocket.

2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I agree!!!
    What part of NH are you in? What kinds of Marans do you have? And what color silkies?

3. Oblio13

Jan 26, 2008
    New Hampshire
    On the west side of Lake Winnipesaukee. Black Coppers from Bev, and white Silkies.

4. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Cool.....its like being on vacation all the time [​IMG]

5. bobbieguyette

bobbieguyette Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Thats a cool way to celebrate his life! Im from NH too below ya in swanzey outside of city of keene.Nice to meet ya neighbor![​IMG]

6. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    I like that - "A Celebration of Life". A person is not defined by the fact that he died. I hate observing the day of a person's death. Why not focus on what they did while they're alive? Death was not their greatest accomplishment!

7. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    I agree. That is how many of our people (american indians) honor someone's passing. We celebrate their life as opposed to their death. Not to say we do not mourn but we do not focus on the mourning.

The elder that gave me away at my wedding passed a bit over a year ago and we had a celebration of life for him with a powwow...it was a weekend celebration. [​IMG]

8. hensdeliverthegoods

hensdeliverthegoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Catawba County, NC
    That's awesome, what a lovely tribute to that person. Will you let us know all about it when you come back? [​IMG]

9. Oblio13

Jan 26, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Quote:Exactly. Most people slave away for fifty weeks a year so they can spend two weeks where I live. [​IMG]

10. DLS

DLS Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Exactly. Most people slave away for fifty weeks a year so they can spend two weeks where I live. [​IMG]

ME TO, They think I have it made.. mebbie so... we might want to be taken to town for some city food instead of this country cookin all the time. Just spread my ashes in the corn field , have a beer or two , a picknick, then foreget all about me.. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by