Now what?

NHN

Songster
11 Years
Nov 24, 2008
I just ordered 5 Buff Brahma hens from Ideal and I have to say. Excellent customer service they have. However. now I have 16 packing roo chicks. What in the world am I going to do with them???

You could try putting them up on CL or if you have the room and inclination grow them out and put them in your freezer.
idunno.gif

That's a lot of extra mouths to feed!

Or you could send them to me and I'll put them through freezer camp, you don't get them back though
big_smile.png
Seriously though, you can order just 5? Did you have to pay for the other 16?

I have them on CL right now. Yes I paid for 5 and the rest are packed in for warmth.

Darn they are cute. I highly recommend Ideal Poultry.

I don't eat meat so I cannot raise them for meat but I am not opposed to someone else taking them to raise them for meat as long as they do it humanely. We shall see what transpires. I have had a few inquiries but from people who don't read the ad. Everyone wants to know how big are my chickens. Are they laying yet? The ad clearly states chicks.

Ideal does take small orders. They do have a minimum fee for small orders. With small orders you do have a better chance of getting packing peanuts. I love Ideal and the customer service you get from them.
Good Luck

Don't you have any schools in your area that would like to have classroom chicks to watch grow??? Not many teachers turn down a freebie -- just tell them they can do whatever they want, raffle them off, send them to a friendly farmer, whatever, when they finish with them...

That's a great idea! A friend of ours gave a chick to a classroom to borrow for a few weeks and all the other teachers loved it, so they've adopted him and passed him around class to class. He now has an outdoor playground all his own. About Christmas time, it will be 20 weeks and will find his way to the freezer and the school will get another chick. It's a win-win for everyone (although the kids won't be told about what happens to the first chick).

Back
Top Bottom