NPIP, anyone in PA??

Just adding my 2cents. I had the PA rep. visit my backyard flock because I was looking in NPIP. I just wanted to sell my marans hatching eggs/chicks outside PA. She was very nice but told me for small flock hobby type wanting to get cert. it's really not worth the $$. but I can still ship anywhere within PA without be cert. Your coop cannot have dirt runs or wire with holes. has to be fully enclosed. not sure they can even free range because of potential infection.

Just adding my 2cents. I had the PA rep. visit my backyard flock because I was looking in NPIP. I just wanted to sell my marans hatching eggs/chicks outside PA. She was very nice but told me for small flock hobby type wanting to get cert. it's really not worth the $$. but I can still ship anywhere within PA without be cert. Your coop cannot have dirt runs or wire with holes. has to be fully enclosed. not sure they can even free range because of potential infection.
Thats pretty upsetting honestly. It makes me hate Pennsylvania. I kinda want to move now.

So wait what kind of runs do you need to have? This is odd.
No free ranging?

I just talked to Nan about this. She said we are allowed dirt floors.

So wait what kind of runs do you need to have? This is odd.
No free ranging?
Correct no free ranging. You want to reduce the exposure to wild birds. You can have dirt runs. I just talked to Nan about it after reading on this thread that you can't.

Back
Top Bottom