NPIP Testing

wardrum

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 27, 2011
N.W. Ohio
Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I just had my npip testing done. How long it does it take to get my # back? And also the lady said she would mail me a bunch of stuff any idea what kind of stuff she was talking about? I know I should have asked her but by the time she left I think I had an information overload. lol

It depends on whether your tester was a volunteer or State Vet employee. If a volunteer then it depends on how soon they turn in your paperwork. Once in it usually takes 1 to 2 weeks.

What is she sending you? Probably info on Biosecurity.

I think it would be nice if there were a comprehensive "How to get NPIP certified" page or other instructions. I've looked into this for next year, and it is VERY confusing for me.
Things to include could be "how to begin preparations", what to do", "what to expect", "keeping your certifiation up to date", etc. Thoughts?

The reason for no such thread is because it's easy.

Call your State Vet and set it up. Simple as that.

Have your birds penned and accessible.

First year: test everything on the place.
Second year and beyone: test your breeders only.

Well, it would seems so wouldn't it.... but when I called I got a huge run around, as if the whole concept of NPIP was new to them. Call this person...they should know. Called them. Hmmmm. I'm not sure was the reply. See if you can get in touch with this person, they might know.... and so on. When I finally found someone that could actually tell me something usefull, it was, well, I think it is free, but there may be a mileage fee. Oh you're in Southern Colorado? Well, we're in northern colorado, and I don't know if we ever go down there.........
and its only a two hour drive
sad.png

Last edited:
I know the feeling. We had ours tested because my son wanted to show his for 4-H, all we needed was the pullorum test. I spent hours on the internet searching with no luck, and i made hundreds of phone calls literally, and dozens of emails. Sometime during all of that I made a phone call to the Ohio poultry association and left a message two weeks later the woman called me back. There was a mileage charge that was wavied because we had the A/I test done also. The lady said we dont need to worry about calling her next year she will call us. overall after getting past all the calls it was really easy to do .

I really don't understand this. You shouldn't have been treated that way. These are employees of the State Government through your Land Grant College. There job is to help you. What you've described would never take place in South Carolina, I can promise you that.

Did you call Dr Keith Roehr
303-239-4161

If so, you should have asked to speak with someone in the Poultry area.

It should have been that easy.

Back
Top Bottom