Nubian with soft clumpy droppings & bloody discharge

ls

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 9, 2010
My Nubian gave birth about 3 weeks ago and has had soft droppings ever since. In the last few days I've noticed a bloody discharge that seems to be vaginal, but is enough to leave bright red traces in her otherwise white tail. This is new to me, and i can't find anything on the web to help. Any suggestions, or should I just take her to the vet?? There is no change in her behavior or eating habits, but I started once a day milkings this week, and I don't want to take any chances. Thanks, Laura

I think it's normal if all else is ok with her. It's been a long time since I've had goats but mine would do that off and on for several weeks after kidding.
smile.png

Is her temp normal?

Last edited:
Discharge for a few weeks after birthing is fairly normal.

How much grain are you feeding her?
"Soft" droppings really aren't a problem as long as they aren't runny

She gets about 3 lbs. of grain a day since I started milking, and hay. This is my first experience with kidding dairy goats, and I guess I never paid attention to the brush goats this closely when they kidded. I expect I'm obsessing over her, but when it comes to milk......

Thanks for the great responses! I feel much better about the milk now, even though it looks perfect and tastes wonderful, I needed to ask. Gotta love this board! -Laura

Back
Top Bottom