Numbness in my ankle?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by TheDuckCrew, Jul 24, 2010.

1. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    For the past few days, I have experienced increasing numbness on the right side of my right ankle. A few days ago, I told my boyfriend so he tried pinching it. I did not notice what he was doing until he pointed it out to me several moments later. It has been spreading more and becoming more numb everyday. I believe it is because I must squat for an hour or two everyday to clean my duck house. (We weren't thinking when we made it, so it's only about 3 feet tall). While I was cleaning the other day, my left foot was hurting from being in such an uncomfortable position but I could not feel my right foot at all. I feel like this is a very bad sign. I would stop cleaning the duck house, but with 14 ducks, they make a mess and if I don't clean it everyday, it gets outta hand. What should I do? Is there anything I can do?

2. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    Please help. I'm extremely nervous.

3. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

The nerves throughout the body run through your vertabrae. You probably are pinching a nerve in your lower back, thus numbness at the end of the nerve. Go see a chairopractor for a back adjustment, & I bet the numbness will cease. I have had back problems for years, & foot numbing is one of many of my symptoms. Good luck.

4. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    Can you go see the doctor? My bet is on a pinched nerve somewhere. Another question though...is there a history of diabetes in your family?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by