Jun 17, 2009
Oklahoma
My Coop
My Coop
I have an interview with the Admissions Committee for Nursing School
ya.gif
I was so worried about Passing the Pax Test! But, I guess I did it
clap.gif
Only 10 people will make it into the the Program.

So, I was up against about 140 people until I took the Pax Test, now I don't know how many I am up against. I felt kind of out of place in a room with 140 youngster. They were in their Early Teens to Early 20's. Yeah, I'm pushing 40, and I really doubted my ability, but.................... I DID IT!! I passed!!
wee.gif

They told us before we started the test, not to feel bad if we didn't pass, it takes some people 2 or 3 years to pass. We can only take it once a year.

Now, I have to knock their socks off in my Interview!

Last edited:
Very good. I hope you unclutter your life of all the physical clutter and emotional clutter, if any.
Some nurses claimed nursing school to be easy......I didn't believe them.
If you are selected, you are in for a stressful, challenging time and I would suggest you prepare your life to be as easy as possible.
Its doable, however.....if it was only for the super intellegent, I wouldn't be a club member for sure.
From the very begining I would say,"When I am a nurse......." Someone noticed that about me once and commented that others sometimes say,"If I become a nurse....." My response was that I didn't start this to fail and I was going to do whatever I needed to, in order to pass.
I was just a bit older than the youngsters and also a bit younger than you are now. The older students had certain qualities that the younger ones lacked and vice-versa. Some of them were concerned because of being away from school for so long, but I don't recall any of them having particularly terrible study habbits or grades as a result.
Good luck.

Thanks guys! I am super excited!

I went through Medical Transcriptions school with a brand new baby and still graduated with a 3.94 GPA (the highest in the entire class), so I know I can do it. I was really worried about the entrance exam though, because they are so hard! The last one I took was 15 years ago.

Failing is not an option for me. I have too much determination to fail. My kids are older now, and it will probably be harder this time, but I know I can do it.

b.hromada I didn't feel very young in that room, LOL. I felt really out of place.
big_smile.png
But, there was no way I was going to let discourage me from something I really want.

Quote:
I graduated in 2007 with my BSN, with my 3 kids and DH sitting in the audience. I agree that it will be stressful and challenging. There are things you are going to be asked to do that don't really make any sense. BUT, just do whatever they tell you to do and smile (even if you're faking it). As an adult student returning to school, some of it did seem foolish and so frustrating. However, it will be worth it in the end. My biggest advice is: When you get a job, if it's a job you hate get another job ASAP. I worked Renal/Med Surg and I literally sobbed every day before work and was miserable. So I applied for another job, which led me to the best job of my life. I am now a Psych Nurse and love (almost) every minute of it. There are so many different types of nursing jobs, so don't settle!!!! And study, study, study for your boards by using the practice books. I passed with flying colors the first time just studying from the NCLEX practice books.

Good luck!

Quote:
I graduated in 2007 with my BSN, with my 3 kids and DH sitting in the audience. I agree that it will be stressful and challenging. There are things you are going to be asked to do that don't really make any sense. BUT, just do whatever they tell you to do and smile (even if you're faking it). As an adult student returning to school, some of it did seem foolish and so frustrating. However, it will be worth it in the end. My biggest advice is: When you get a job, if it's a job you hate get another job ASAP. I worked Renal/Med Surg and I literally sobbed every day before work and was miserable. So I applied for another job, which led me to the best job of my life. I am now a Psych Nurse and love (almost) every minute of it. There are so many different types of nursing jobs, so don't settle!!!! And study, study, study for your boards by using the practice books. I passed with flying colors the first time just studying from the NCLEX practice books.

Good luck!

Thank you for all the tips. I will definitely use the NCLEX practice books. Any help is greatly appreciated. I pray that I get in, but if I do not, I will be re-applying next year.

Well, I've been a nurse for 38 years this fall and I've never regretted my decision. I've like most every job I've had with the exception of dialysis....I HATED it!!!! I'm now a clinical trials coordinator working in oncology. I'll retire in 3 years and I am looking forward to that, but I'm thinking I may work part-time.

I thought nursing school was very easy, but I was always diligent to listen carefully in class and take good notes. I'm sure it was very different then than now but I'm wishing you the very best luck in being accepted. Keep us posted!!

Hey i'm in nursing school too. Remember this, even the interview is a bit of head game. They will ask questions with round about answers and try and scare you. Just remember that. I remember my first semester walking down the hall, next to the Dean of Nursing secretary, and I said something "sucks". I don't even know what it is, but later that afternoon I was called in to tell me "sucks" is not proper language for "her" students, and I needed to watch it. Nice huh?

Back
Top Bottom