Nurture Right 360 is trash

I like mine. The only times I have hatchratss anything other than amazing is when they're either full of infertile eggs or moved over from a horrible incubator. Even shipped eggs, I have had decent hatches with.
Maybe things are evening out with the constant temperature shifts 😂 I know my friend used it and didn’t even have an internal thermometer and just trusted he top was correct. (She had a poor hatch rate though.) Maybe that’s the better option. Ignorance may be bliss in this case.

Just in the course of this conversation it has read everywhere from 36.8 to 38.2 Celsius in the outer ring (I’m not even bothering to use the inner one anymore) while set at 100.5 f on top. 98.24-100.74 just over the course of an hour.

I've had an NR360 for four years and hatched at least 800 chicks and @50 poults out of it. I use a calibrated thermometer and found a variance of .5*F which hasn't had any discernable effect on hatch rates. I even had an 18/22 hatch during the big freeze of 2020 with rolling blackouts lasting 5 to 12 hours at a stretch for five days straight.

I'm just relieved I got one of the good ones.

The only complaint about mine is that the lid design means it's easy to misalign slightly and if that happens the resultant gaps mean it doesn't maintain temperature or humidity worth a damn.

With it lined up properly it seems to work fine, although I admit I wasn't double-checking it with a thermometer (and I don't know how you'd really do that reliably without tapping the device and adding a fixed probe somewhere).

What I do know is that my first attempt at incubation three out of the four guinea eggs that turned out to be fertile hatched. Considering I have no idea what I'm doing that's a better hatch rate than I expected.

I got this model because the feedback was generally positive it was significantly cheaper than comparable models. The appeal was it didn't need constant tinkering (just refill the water every day). My guess from the comments so far is maybe you just got a defective one. See if you can return it for an exchange.

I don’t think it’s defective, I have seen a lot of negative feedback on these actually. But I do think most people aren’t using internal gauges to double check and are just trusting the top read and maybe everything will just balance out. Except that it has to be set a full degree higher (99.5 was maybe keeping them at 97-98 max) to keep it from dropping below the dangerously cold level. And I’m sure most people don’t know that.

I didn’t buy this one, I borrowed it from a friend. Back when I first started incubating in 2020 these were impossible to find anywhere so I opted for my cheaper smaller models and honestly, my hatch rates seem far better than most. So maybe simple and expectedly wonky is better than fancy and expectedly trustworthy.

But as someone said above, I absolutely thought this would be a set it and forget it experience. And when you wake up, freak out, and have to change the temp while people are sleeping in the house, they aren’t sleeping anymore.

We like it--with this brand weve hatched perfectly twice in a row -19 out of 22 and 18 out if 22 ( Gotta give some credit to our rooster tho LOL). We just makes sure the little water well is full and the rest is just left to the device. Wondering if you just got a faulty one (you know-like a lemon). I wish you luck!

Back
Top Bottom