Nurture right 360 not turning but light is ON

Farmgrl86

In the Brooder
Aug 12, 2021
Hi,

I'm hatching eggs for the first time and just got a nurture right 360. I'm on day 2 and noticed the eggs always look like they're in the same place and I've never seen or heard it turn. The manual test works and the egg turn indicator light is on. I took pictures to verify it wasn't turning last night and this morning they're all in the same place (it's been about 9 hours). How often is it supposed to turn? If it doesn't work then I might just do it manually by hitting the plus and minus button but I'm not sure how frequently to do it.

Thanks!

It should turn once an hour. Have you reset the days? Every time power is removed from the NR 360 the days need to be reset. Press and hold the MENU and the (-) MINUS buttons at the same time. Hold for 5 seconds. This returns the days to factory settings. Press the MENU button to set actual number of days for your hatch.

It should turn once an hour. Have you reset the days? Every time power is removed from the NR 360 the days need to be reset. Press and hold the MENU and the (-) MINUS buttons at the same time. Hold for 5 seconds. This returns the days to factory settings. Press the MENU button to set actual number of days for your hatch.
X2, check the countdown. If it gets below three days it shuts off on its own. I usually set mine as high as it will go and then unplug the turner when I'm ready to lockdown.

I reset it just to see if that fixed it but it's definitely on the correct number of days. It started turning (i noticed eggs were in a different position a few times) but now that I've been sitting in here all morning, I haven't witnessed it turn once.

X2, check the countdown. If it gets below three days it shuts off on its own. I usually set mine as high as it will go and then unplug the turner when I'm ready to lockdown.
It was doing this at 21 and 20 days left. I had just put them in. Tried to do a full reset and noticed they are in a different position a few times but now I've been in tis room all morning and haven't seen them move once.

It could be too heavy. I overloaded it with quail eggs a few years ago and it turned when I did the manual test, but not on its own
These are standard eggs and I have 2 slots empty (so it's not completely full). How often should I turn them per day if i have to do this manually?

Do you have liner or anything down in your incubator? Is the turning rod in good condition?

Back
Top Bottom