Nurture right 360 temperature dropped

StraightRun1

In the Brooder
Mar 11, 2022
Hey there, new here and to incubating. Today was start of lockdown for the 3 days.
I opened the nurture right and removed the egg turner and added water to B ( and A ) water intake.
humidity rose but temperature only came back up to 96 degrees.
Is all the water keeping it cooler ? Will temp rise once it heats more? ( it’s been a few hours already ) or is lockdown a bit cooler for chicks so membranes do not dry out ?
thanks for any info.

Do you have your incubator and a temperature stable room?
Are you relying on the built-in thermometer in the incubator or do you have a calibrated separately purchased one installed in your incubator too?

Do you have your incubator and a temperature stable room?
Are you relying on the built-in thermometer in the incubator or do you have a calibrated separately purchased one installed in your incubator too?
It’s been in the same room for the past 18 days and temp was fine. I’ve had a Govee temperature and humidity meter in the incubator the whole time and have been reading that. There were no issues with temp until I filled the B water intake for lockdown.
Thanks for replying

It’s been in the same room for the past 18 days and temp was fine. I’ve had a Govee temperature and humidity meter in the incubator the whole time and have been reading that. There were no issues with temp until I filled the B water intake for lockdown.
Thanks for replying
If you're sure that the thermometer is reading correctly then just adjust the temperature to raise it back up to where you want it.

I'm not familiar with your exact incubator but with my incubator at lockdown time I do have to adjust my temperature control because I take my turner out and the motor from my turner out.
When I take my turner out the temperature in my incubator drops a little bit because the motor of the turner produces a little heat.

Did you turn a turner off or take one out?

The turner is internal and yes, it shuts itself off for lockdown. Adjusted the temp. I’m actually hoping it’s a problem with the thermometer I’m using. Crossing my fingers.
Thanks for your replies

The turner is internal and yes, it shuts itself off for lockdown. Adjusted the temp. I’m actually hoping it’s a problem with the thermometer I’m using. Crossing my fingers.
Thanks for your replies
How did your hatch turn out? I put mine in lockdown today and my temp has dropped as well. The NR360 too

I just had the same issue with it dropping to 96 after taking egg turner out. I’m going to watch it for a few hrs and bump it up if necessary

Same happened with mine today. My Govee thermometer reads very accurately. My temp dropped and only rose to 97° So, I increased my temp to 101 and now it reads 98.9 I'm leaving it at that temp. As long as it doesn't drop below 97° I feel good about the hatch. They may just take a extra day to hatch. Good luck eith yours.

Back
Top Bottom