Nurture right 360- tips on lowering humidity?

BBZZZZTT

Songster
Nov 1, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Hello!
So I have the nurture right 360 and I'm struggling with humidity. If I add water to only A, with the vent completely open, humidity is hanging around 50-52% (with a calibrated hygrometer)
Humidity in my house is not that high, and without water in either well, it hangs around 25%.

So I have a couple questions. One, does anyone have any tips for lowering the humidity from that 50%.

Two, if I can't lower humidity, would it be better to incubate my quails at the 25% or the 50%?

With quail eggs I would go for a higher humidity, but it can depend on your climate as to whether higher or lower humidity is better. You'll have to keep an eye on the air cells to make sure they are tracking as they should. I've incubated quail eggs at a high humidity before, about 75% (though outside the incubator the humidity was even higher), and they've hatched out better than when I was using a lower humidity. But other people have had the opposite be true for them, so it can depend on your climate. I do keep my temperature on the warmer side which does help the eggs lose excess water too.

I often use a small shot glass or container rather than rely on the incubator's humidity function, but with some incubators it isn't possible to add something to hold water.

Hopefully someone who is familiar with your incubator will chime in soon.

Good luck with your hatch.

Hello!
So I have the nurture right 360 and I'm struggling with humidity. If I add water to only A, with the vent completely open, humidity is hanging around 50-52% (with a calibrated hygrometer)
Humidity in my house is not that high, and without water in either well, it hangs around 25%.

So I have a couple questions. One, does anyone have any tips for lowering the humidity from that 50%.

Two, if I can't lower humidity, would it be better to incubate my quails at the 25% or the 50%?
I don’t have an answer to your question but I just bought one also without a power supply any chance you can tell me what kind of power supply I need please?

Back
Top Bottom