Nurture right 360

Zachh72

In the Brooder
Jun 18, 2023
Hello first time incubating here I got a nurture right 360 and I just started incubating some quail eggs the thing is I am having a hard time keeping my humidity right I have the reservoir filled all the way and almost have the air hole all the way shut I live in Utah and the humidity here is only 26 percent I took the b reservoir cap off and filled it to and my govee is saying 33-35% I’m having a hard time getting it higher than that should I be worried I am only 3 days into incubating.

Hello first time incubating here I got a nurture right 360 and I just started incubating some quail eggs the thing is I am having a hard time keeping my humidity right I have the reservoir filled all the way and almost have the air hole all the way shut I live in Utah and the humidity here is only 26 percent I took the b reservoir cap off and filled it to and my govee is saying 33-35% I’m having a hard time getting it higher than that should I be worried I am only 3 days into incubating.
For incubating you can close the air hole I believe
I never close mine but I run a different machine
Hopefully others that run that type will jump on
Big tiny worry at day 3 you should be just fine

Do not close the humidity hole vent all the way, it needs to be open at least a little 1/4 to 1/2. Use distilled water or let tap water sit uncovered for at least 24 h. Warmer water will help your humidity than cold water also. Only have water in the one slot A. The B slot should be covered and not used until lockdown. Buy a hydrometer/ thermometer to stick inside your unit. It could be faulty readings on the display or it might be faulty.
I have this machine. It worked great the first time. Second time the humidity read low on display but my purchased internal hydro/therm showed everything was fine. Used it 3 more times for a total of 5 uses now it has failed. Has power but not warming, display only reads 8888 88, no buttons work. Ice owned mine less than a yr. Supposedly a yr warranty on these but good luck with that. Customer service about non existent and lot of reviews of this thing failing in less than yr.

The Govee readers can be calibrated in the app from what I saw. Perhaps you can test the thermometer in another environment to “calibrate” and then do a reading.

Back
Top Bottom