Nurture right vs Hovabator genesis

BrennaM

Chirping
Jun 6, 2022
I'm trying to decide between the two. I currently have a couple of little giant incubators and after a couple of hatches and constant monitoring I want something better. I tend to hatch larger batches but would be ok with smaller ones for not having to stress so much about the eggs.

Is the smaller egg capacity worth it for the Nurture right? Or is the hovabator genesis just as good? I keep seeing similar reviews for both so it's hard to decide.

The thermostat control makes the nurture right better IMO.

On sale for 120 on amzn.
That's why I'm currently debating between the two. But I want to eventually hatch turkey and goose eggs, some people do make the larger egg turners for the Nurture right but at that point it might just be better to buy the hovabator.

If you want to be fiddling with a thermostat all the time, of course it's up to you. They do also make risers to increase the height inside the Nurture Right.

If you want to be fiddling with a thermostat all the time, of course it's up to you. They do also make risers to increase the height inside the Nurture Right.
What about the IncuView? That would be sort of the in between, holding more eggs and goose eggs without having to buy extra attachments.

I hatch goose eggs each year and use Hova-Bator 1588s. This model offers good height so that the eggs aren't too close to the heating element, as well as versatility (just add an autoturner for smaller eggs) and large capacity. It has a large viewing window, too.

A more affordable alternative also worthy of consideration is the Hova-Bator 2370, which is about the same size. It has a smaller viewing window - 2 small windows instead of the 1588's large one - and the display only shows the temperature (but with digital displays often being inaccurate, you'd need a separate hygrometer, anyway). While I've found the 1588 to be a solid incubator, the 2370 has been even better at keeping temperatures consistent, probably due to less heat loss from the smaller viewing windows. The 2370 also has the ability to be operated as a still air incubator by turning off the fan.

A Little Giant automatic turner fits in either of these Hova-Bator units, too.

Back
Top Bottom