Nutrena versys TSC layer crumbles...

DVTO2

Songster
13 Years
Mar 10, 2010
So my year old Golden Comets have been laying almost an egg a day since they got going last summer on TSC layer crumbles. I made a switch last month to Nutrena Country Feeds layer crumbles and saw a big drop off in production, maybe almost half. They went back to their almost egg a day when I switched back. Has anyone else had a bad experience with Nutrena Country Feeds?

Interesting, I have 6 golden comets and they are giving me an average of 3 eggs per day (50%) and I've used only Nutrena Country Feed. I never considered the lack of production was a feed problem. Unfortunately, I just bought a new bag of feed and I've got 4 weeks of food left and I don't want to waste the feed. I'll try a different brand next time and post back. How much time after the switch did you see the drop and the subsequent increase?

DVTO2 - sorry to hear that you have had some drop production! I just wanted to chime in and say this is NOT typical of Nutrena feed - we really pride ourselves on providing high quality, nutritious feed. If you don't mind, could you contact me directly via PM? I would love to get some more info from you - lot #, number of bags fed, where the feed was purchased, etc so that we can look more closely at the problem you are having. Or you can submit an email via our website www.nutrenaworld.com - you can go to the FAQ page and then click the link to talk to a poultry consultant.

What does TSC stand for? (I'm in Nor Cal)
idunno.gif

I feed Nutrena feed to my layers and have great results from it. Fertility and hatch are excellent on it but fall off on a cheaper local feed. I use the Turkey and Quail Starter for my BRs and the Chick Starter Crumbles with great results. That sounds very non-typical of Nutrena Feed to have a problem. It may have something to do with how long your local feed store had the feed in stock. Nutritional values fall as feed ages. I have no experience with TSC feeds. The nearest is about 30 miles away.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom